Industry Expertise – Agriculture
As a long-standing driver of the West Texas and panhandle economies, agriculture continues to be vitally important to the region’s growth. The attorneys at Brooks Law, LLP recognize the importance of agriculture to the local and regional economies and have had the opportunity to represent clients in a wide range of matters arising out of the industry, including:
- Represent Trust with large farmland portfolio in negotiation of production leases and landlord/tenant relations and disputes.
- Advised numerous farmers on water production/use reporting requirements from water district.
- Represent farmer in dispute with large publicly traded fertilizer and seed provider concerning credit agreement/loan agreement.
- Represented surface/mineral owner in renegotiation of existing oil and gas lease covering a large ranch in Texas Panhandle, ultimately obtaining a new lease with terms substantially more favorable to client.
- Represented surface owner in dispute with salt water disposal facility operator regarding breach of agreement, trespass and surface damages on cotton farm property.
- Representation of multiple mineral and surface owners and subsequent negotiation of favorable lease terms to ensure protection of farming and ranching operations.