Industry Expertise – Banking & Finance
The Brooks Law, LLP team has experience dealing in commercial lending and brokerage markets that enables us to handle even the most complex matters from the lending stage to enforcement and litigation related to debt and fiduciary obligations. In today’s tough regulatory environment surrounding banking and financial institutions, experienced representation is more important than ever. We have represented borrowers, investors, brokerage firms and lending institutions in a variety of matters, including:
- Represent numerous lenders in multiple real estate loans, including loan document preparation, title search and opinions, borrower relations and due diligence.
- Prosecution and defense of breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and tortious interference claims of financial institution officers.
- Representation of lending institutions in collecting and foreclosing on defaulted notes and deeds of trusts, including seizure of collateral.
- Defense of financial institutions from claims that they aided and abetted fraudulent schemes allegedly perpetrated by their customers.
- Representation of broker-dealers and financial advisors in arbitrations before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
- Defense of whistleblower claims under Sarbanes Oxley.
- Negotiating employment agreements and severance agreements between financial institution employees and employers.
- Representation of promoter in large real estate development plan in structuring private equity investment.