Industry Expertise – Oil, Gas, & Energy
Dustin Brooks, the Firm’s founder initially focused the Firm practice on the oil, gas, and energy sector. Today, we represent clients involved in every segment of the energy industry, and we have a thorough understanding of how each segment functions in the industry as a whole.
Our experience and history of providing legal advice to the small and large players in the energy business has led companies and individuals with interests and businesses across the United States to select Brooks Law, LLP as their counsel on simple and complex legal matters.
From negotiating and drafting the numerous agreements governing operations to being involved in all aspects of and a buy or sell transaction, we provide the legal and business counsel to get the deal done. In addition to the Firm’s diverse transactional experience, our team has also represented clients in a wide array of litigation relating to leasehold rights, title disputes, service contracts, and more. Our Firm’s oil, gas, and energy experience includes:
- Represented Lease Operator/production company in negotiation of operating agreement, assignments and other related agreements with adjacent lease Operator for purposes of multiphase Water Flood Project.
- Represented production company in sell of substantial volume of producing and non-producing assets, leased acreage and related equipment in Permian Basin.
- Represented individual owner in multi-project salt water disposal/fresh water facility joint venture in negotiating purchase and ultimate sell of interest in numerous facilities scattered across the Permian Basin.
- Represented production company in acquisition of substantial amount of lease acreage in Permian Basin, including acquisition title work, horizontal and vertical pooled unit planning and general legal advice with legal and regulatory issues related to project.
- Represented surface/mineral owner in renegotiation of existing oil and gas lease covering a large ranch in Texas Panhandle, ultimately obtaining a new lease with terms substantially more favorable to client.
- Represented surface owner in dispute with salt water disposal facility operator regarding breach of agreement, trespass and surface damages.
- Represented large trucking company in contract dispute with another trucking company over work performed and money owed.
- Represented non-operator working interest owner in dispute with operator regarding breach of operating agreement, misappropriation of funds and negligence related to operations of multiple leases, ultimately getting Operator removed and securing judgment against Operator for damages.
- Represented family owned oilfield service company in complete restructure of business to ensure maximum tax benefits and liability protections.
- Represented large oilfield trucking company in acquisition of large existing oilfield trucking and service company.
- Represented large oilfield service company in merger of affiliated entity
- Corporate counsel to large oilfield service company which includes legal representation and advice in annual audits, shareholder and board meetings, employment matters, insurance matters and governance.
- Represented large oilfield service company in drafting all conveying instruments and financial documents necessary for getting company’s numerous real estate assets into real estate holding company.
- Representation of multiple mineral owners and subsequent negotiation of favorable lease terms
- Represented Operating Company in obtaining a salt water disposal permit for a new well from the Railroad Commission of Texas.
- Represented and assisted Oil and Gas Production Company in the evaluation of a potential acquisition of oil and gas leases and working interests in Jack County, Texas as part of activity on the Barnett Shale.
- Represented oilfield trucking company throughout the formation, operation and subsequent winding down of business affairs.
- Represented oil and gas business owner in preparation of prenuptial agreement to ensure protection of client’s assets upon client’s death or divorce.
- Represented Petitioner in dissolution of marriage involving high worth estate inclusive of extensive oil and gas holdings.
- Assisted in representation of Petitioner in dissolution of marriage involving complex family-owned business partnership.