Industry Expertise – Real Estate
At Brooks Law, LLP, we understand every real estate deal present unique characteristics and circumstances. We work efficiently and diligently with all of the parties to the deal to ensure our clients’ goals are met at closing.
Our experience in working with real estate developers, lenders, buyers, sellers, investors, landlords, tenants, municipalities, end-users and real estate brokers, gives us insight into understanding all of the facets of a transaction, whether business or legal in nature. We use this experience and knowledge to develop a strategy for each project. Some of our representative experience in real estate matters includes:
- Represent national multi-family property developer in all aspects of multiple acquisitions including entity formation, loan document review and negotiation, title opinions, borrower opinions, due diligence.
- Represent numerous lenders in multiple real estate loans, including loan document preparation, title search and opinions, borrower relations and due diligence.
- Counsel to Economic Development Corporation with respect to multiple property acquisitions and divestures including contract negotiations, title opinions, due diligence and closing matters.
- Represented individual owner in multi-project salt water disposal/fresh water facility joint venture in negotiating purchase and ultimate sell of interest in numerous facilities scattered across the Permian Basin
- Represented surface/mineral owner in renegotiation of existing oil and gas lease covering a large ranch in Texas Panhandle, ultimately obtaining a new lease with terms substantially more favorable to client.
- Represented surface owner in dispute with salt water disposal facility operator regarding breach of agreement, trespass and surface damages.
- Represented individual owner of multiple owner medical property in negotiation and review of purchase and sale agreements with private equity buyer.
- Represented buyer/developer in purchase of property and planning related to high-end residential development.
- Represented nationwide real estate broker in developing and drafting multiple contract forms to be used in company’s commercial real estate business.
- Represented promoter in structuring Series LLC and drafting placement memoranda, investor memoranda, disclosures and other related investment and financial documents for multi-phase commercial real estate investment project.
- Represented large oilfield service company in drafting all conveying instruments and financial documents necessary for getting company’s numerous real estate assets into real estate holding company.
- Represented business owner in preparation of prenuptial agreement to ensure protection of client’s assets upon client’s death or divorce.